Thursday, April 3, 2008

♥ We're Home ♥

After 17 days on the road, we're home! We lost 2 wheel covers and the radio antenna in the high winds and rain the first 2 days of driving. Our van (Vincent) looks a bit tired. He got pooped on profusely in Tempe where we had to park to load and unload. He's got a week to rest before we hit the road again!
That means we have a week to catch up before we too hit the road and venture to Houston for a show we've never done, the Woodland Waterways show. There we'll see friends we haven't seen in a while and find new collectors!

Out in Tempe we saw a few friends we hadn't seen in a while. One battling leukemia and another couple from Santa Fe who make and play didgeridoos. Love the sound of their mystical hollow vibration. We made new friends as well. All good.

The trip home was a direct, 'do not stop and play affair' as I battle my intestinal weirdness. One quick stop in Cordes Junction, Arizona to see Arcosanti. This prototype urban labratory is fascinating. This from Paolo Soleri I mentioned in an earlier entry. He's the Italian architect whose bronze windbells we saw poured in Scottsdale. I know this place and his process captivated the ever sculpting mind of my dear husband Jon. His eyes lit up seeing the way this man thinks and we inquired inside the aromatic cafe about workshops. This will be an avenue Jon will pursue as he forges ahead with his sculptures that have played in his mind and on notebook sketch pages for some time.
They will be magnificent, as he's an unbelieveable designer who needs to shine!!!

So, our trip west landed us back on Purple Hill, filled with ideas and inspiration to continue this lifestlye we hold so dear. To say these are uncertain economical times is an understatement. To say we have made and continue to make adjustments is also a given.
To say that the need for art and beauty is needed now more than ever, I am also certain.
This country, who now exports the simple manufacturing of its ever important passports, makes very little.
BUT...........it does make art!
It makes music.
It makes the artistic graces that, as a civialization, along with our care or neglect of the planet, will define our past.

With the myriad of miles we just logged, I had plenty of time to think about what my contribution to this planet will be.
It will not be children, though I hope I have inspired a few.
It will be the art I have made and hopefully the joy this has brought to people.
It's a simple legacy and it's not about power or assets, it's about love.
To me, that's what art is all about!

To those of you who came along on our journey, I hope you had a good time.
Thanks for your comments and company!

Resting now~
Patricia

1 comment:

Holly Olinger said...

Be well, friends. You are in my dreams.