Friday, March 27, 2009

When Our Pets Die.....


When our pets die, we've lost an important part of our family. A part that may have understood us better than humans. To remember these creatures who have provided such unconditional love, becomes a vital part of the healing process. The closure that will allow us to put our hearts out there once again to love an animal, knowing full well, we may too outlast them as well.

When these passings occur, I have often been commissioned to create special boxes to hold the ashes or toys.
This box for Duke is one of those boxes. He was a beautiful Golden Retriever who lost a leg to cancer and was put down for further complications last fall. It will be mailed to his owners in Wisconsin and become a keepsake memorial for them.
It will hold his collar and favorite tennis ball.


Pat

4 comments:

Delainie said...

What a special thing to make for someone. I only have 3 pictures of my furry-love-of-my-life to remember him by.

Campbell Jane said...

Duke's box is an awsome tribute! I know it's so difficult to lose a pet that is so loved.

Lee Wolfe Pottery OneClayBead said...

Very beautiful box, and I love that you are making a commemorative piece of art for pets. My furballs are the soul of our home.

archaic design said...

a beautiful tribute.