Monday, January 3, 2011

2 0 1 1


Three days into the New Year. What will this year bring?
We have 12 months ahead of us.
A year from now, what will have changed?
Last year brought so many changes.
Ones I never saw coming or anticipated. Ones that altered who I am in ways I never thought possible.
It was a painful year on too many levels.
One I was more than happy to toss aside as 2011 loomed.

So far I have enjoyed the 'new' feeling this year has brought.
A chance to re-invent.
To begin again.
The sunsets feel new. The air fresh and the Earth ready to move through her seasons
and let them unfold in quiet unison.
Internally I feel a quiet I'm enjoying. I've made no resolutions and that
actually feels good.
No promises- just peace. I too will unfold and bloom as I need to.
I feel peaceful inside- maybe for the first time in many months.
I feel creative and full of ideas and that energy will soon be released in new work
that has floated through my brain for the last several months.
It will next move to my hands.
The realization that, once again, it's my passion for art that keeps me centered.
It never feels like work to walk into my studio and let my hands go to work.

My hands share a visual reference to that of my Moms.
She had long fingers and mine look like hers.
She is with me continually.

I share with you a prayer. This prayer was gifted to my friend who works in a hospital. It was bestowed on each person at the hospital, if they chose.
I find it both comforting and powerful since hands are the tools so many of us use to transform - be it to heal or to create- although that may be one in the same.
This year I hope to pursue the integration of healing by learning Reiki. This is something I've been fascinated with for a long time.


"May you be blessed with a spirit of gentleness and a heart that is tender.
May you be blessed with a spirit of strength shining within you.
May you be blessed with a spirit of compassion and a fervent caring.
May you be blessed with a spirit of courage, daring to be who you are.
May you be blessed with a spirit of openness, understanding, and respect.
May the earth hold you.
May the wind lift you ever up.
May the fire draw and warm you.
May the water soothe your soul.

Blessed be these hands that have touched life.
Blessed be these hands that have felt pain.

Blessed be these hands that have embraced with compassion.
Blessed be these hands that have been clenched in anger, or withdrawn in fear.

Blessed be these hands that have drawn blood and administered medicine.
Blessed be these hands that have cleaned beds and disposed of wastes.

Blessed be these hands that have anointed the sick and offered blessings.
Blessed be these hands that grow stiff with age.

Blessed be these hands that have comforted the dying and held the dead.
Blessed be these hands, we hold the future in these hands.

May the work of your hands bring healing to all the people you touch."

•••••••••


May 2011 touch you gently in ways yet unknown.
May this year grace you with understanding - of yourself and others.
May this year bathe you in light-
May you shine!

Patricia

No comments: