Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!


The Earth laughs in flowers.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


Our existence here on planet Earth requires stewardship,
caring and nurturing of our most basic and necessary needs.
Every day needs to be Earth Day.
Never should the negligence of mankind be put before the care of our environment.
This blue marble is home to all of us. It's cradled, spinning carefully within our solar system
and has given life to generations before us and hopefully after us.
It takes all of us - right here, right now to tend to it's needs.

Tonight I'll give thanks to the dome of navy sky and stars above me that illuminate the night.
The moist cool dirt under foot where my flowers will emerge.
The Gulf I grew up beside and the ocean that is my friend. I've dived the reefs and walked the sandbars of both.
The desert west that invites my mind to explore the open spaces it expands before me.

This is my home!

Thank you God for such a beautiful place to spend my days!
It's all sacred.

Happy Earth Day!
Patricia

No comments: