Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Georgia on My Mind


Heading to Dunwoody Georgia this weekend for the Dunwoody Arts Festival. This will be our first time there and with us will come new work! I love taking new work on the road to get the reaction of collectors and fellow artists. Georgia should be beautiful this time of year with trees and wildflowers in bloom.
Hoping to spend a day with my beloved pandas at Zoo Atlanta. Lun Lun has a new cub, Po and we plan to see him. Pandas bring me peace. Their quiet demeanor and slow, careful gestures align with their docile nature and graceful habitat.

While on this trip, my family will be scattering my Fathers' ashes in the mountains, per his request. It was a year ago he died on Easter and it is time to fulfill his last wishes. Having never done this, I look forward to returning Dad to the Earth and the mountains he so loved.
This is closure of the most natural kind.
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

~Patricia

No comments: