Friday, April 2, 2010

Cancer Sucks Rubber Stamped TattooDreams Box


This handmade cherry box measures 8" wide x 8 3/4" deep x 7 1/4" high (203.2 cm x 222.25 cm x 184.15 cm ). Cancer Sucks- I know first hand. I lost my Mom to breast cancer before mammograms had been developed. I was 15. She was 45. I know the toll it took on her, me, our whole family. I've seen this repeated among too many friends.

Why did I make this? Perhaps to aid in my own healing and help others. In creating this box, my hands found themselves reaching for a wide variety of word stamps in my collection. Everything from "laughter" to "sorrow". Tears mixed with paint and this empty box was transformed. This disease, like so many others, transforms. It brings so many emotions and memories to the surface.
My box may be just the 'right' gift for a friend going through this. Some days you laugh, other days you cry and in the end, you find a healing balance that gets you through whatever fate is planning on handing you. A good place to write down your feelings and tuck them inside. A cathartic worry box that can help.

Finished with a clear spray on the outside and left natural maple on the inside. Lined with black velvet on the bottom. Trimmed in shades of pink.

My boxes are quietly making their way into esteemed collections around the world- let yours be one of them!

••I love making special things for special people!••

More boxes can be found on my etsy site:


1 comment:

LOVE ART WORKS by KRISTIN LOVE said...

WOW!!
Incredible box and my heart goes out to you Pat, losing your Mom to cancer when you were so young. It sounds like this box held healing for you as well even though it has been many years since your Mom passed. I send you healing energy as well, around the recent passing of your father. Strength and courage to all of you and peace-full wishes for him on his new journey.
Love and light...
Kristin