Thursday, February 11, 2010

~~Letting Go~~



Often when things feel out of control, we must surrender.
Surrender the pain,
the loss of feeling in control,
the 'what if' soundtrack that runs in our heads-
the isolation
the fear.

When we can find ourselves in that place,
we need to give it up to the universe.
We have to remember to let go,
Let God.
This is me doing just that.

I grew up on the Florida Gulf Coast and here I was again.
I was 5 then.
Almost 50 now.
Still looking for a release -
a searching
a letting go.
A sense of wonder.

The open expanse of Mother Nature helps
me put things in perspective.
I'm going to be okay. I'm not sure how just yet,
but I'm going to be okay.

It's time to begin again.


Patricia

Photo taken by Michele Miller, my sister-in-law

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photo of you, I presume?

Reminds me a little bit of a certain man of faith named John Locke. Sound familiar?

Britt said...

I love this. There's just something about it.
I hope your new beginning is amazing.
:]

- Britt

nomadcraftsetc said...

What a great reminder! Great piccture!