Thursday, July 28, 2011
• 1 box large pasta shells. I used Tinkyada as they are gluten free and available on Amazon
• 16 oz. Ricotta cheese
• 1 large egg
• Large chunk of mozzarella cheese, cubed
• Parmesan cheese
• About a pound of fresh chopped spinach
• Ample garlic, black pepper
• Fresh or dried basil and oregano
• Fresh or jarred pasta sauce
In a large bowl mix ricotta, egg, mozzarella, parmesan, spinach and spices. Set aside.
In a large pot cook the shells till al-dente in salted water. Rinse with cold water and drain throughly in a colander.
Pre-heat oven to 375º
In an oven casserole dish, add a small amount of sauce to bottom of pan. Fill each shell with spinach cheese mixture.
Place open side up in rows. Squish in any extra empty shells or mixture.
Add sauce to top to coat and sprinkle a little more parmesan on top or decorate with small pieces of mozzarella.
Bake uncovered till bubbly. Usually about 35-45 minutes.
Served with a rustic artisan bread and tossed salad- I must say - this meal rocks!